sally header2

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A quick break

I'm off to IL for the weekend for my grandfathers' memorial service. V will be staying home to study for quals. It will be difficult without him but he is less than 2 weeks from the exams so he needs to be here. My bff and I are going to take advantage of the rare husbandlessness (her significant other is also busy) to enjoy a stop to my favorite little restaurant for steak and lobster. Really, all you can get is steak and lobster*. Comes with a giant potato and a pound of butter. And salad with amazing homemade dressings. And real old-school cocktails...yum!
Evan with the short work week, I managed to get a paper submitted today (woo!) and hopefully will get some other small tasks completed despite travelling. You know, tasks other than watching LOST and eating a ton.

I still have to pack but just got a wicked case of hiccups.
How do you get rid of hiccups?






*Just don't question the lobster in a land locked state...

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger EcoGeoFemme said...

*congratulations on the paper submission!
*I get hiccups almost every day. I hate it. I have no idea how to get rid of them other than holding my breath as long as I can.
*It's not just the lobster -- where does all the sushi come from?
*Have a great trip!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Mad Hatter said...

Congrats on getting your paper submitted!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink a glass of water slowly through a paper towel held over the top of the glass. Never fails. (But I hope yours are gone by now!)

11:12 AM  
Blogger botanybabe said...

oh honey. i am sorry for your loss. i hope you can have a decently enjoyable trip considering. enjoy the food, friends and family as much as you can.

2:20 PM  
Blogger BrightBoy said...

I'm sorry that your grandfather died, but I hope you have a good time in Illinois (which, by the way, is actually not a landlocked state).

Steak and lobster sounds like a very good idea.

2:34 AM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

Thanks for the suggestions! Hiccups are gone- water helped. And focusing on breathing very slowly!

Blackened boy- You are correct, but I discriminate against the great lakes in favor of oceans. Something about the smell of salt water. As well as the lack of lobster!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Unbalanced Reaction said...

Sorry for your loss.

Congrats on the paper submission.

I must admit...I'm always wary of seafood in non-coast states.... ;)

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home