sally header2

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Too many PhDs

I mentioned that there were 6+ dissertation defences this month in my department. Today it dawned on me that have so many PhDs in the world may not be the best thing. Why? The competitive job market? The excess of adjuncts? The funding crunch?
No.
The cake. We freaking have cake twice a week. Today there was no defense and still, there were 3 brand new cakes to eat for something else! While V has given up sugar, I have no control over cake. Turning down cake just seems wrong. It would be nice to just avoid it but that is difficult when you have to congratulate the newly minted PhDs. Lately, I have been better about avoiding the sweets people bring in to share but oooooooooo the cake....

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger a/k/a Nadine said...

I would be happy to relieve you of some cake.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you make me smile!...............Mom

10:33 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I am totally at the will of the cake-gods. I cannot turn down the cake. So, I definitely understand the pull.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Mad Hatter said...

Hey, send some of the cake my way...I'll eat it! :-)

9:24 AM  
Blogger BrightBoy said...

Will power is the most important thing, and it's something I struggle with late at night when I could really go for a snack.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home