sally header2

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

bloggy blogging

When I started blogging, I had been a knitting PhD student for a year. I purchased my house in June, went off to field work for 6 weeks and started knit blogging at the urging of Amandamonkey and Hamster_grrl in August. This was an outlet for my creative and house-related projects. It was a place to post pictures for my family and friends.

This week I had my 10,000th visitor to my little blog. Now, I know about half of those are my mom and at least another fourth are me trying to see if my template formatting really worked. Still, I never imagined I would have many visits!

Posts these days are much more focused on grad life, research and academia (and kitties!) than they are knitting, but it reflects changes in life (and available time) over the past few years.
One thing that hasn't changed is that I am grateful to you for reading! The support and advice I have gotten from readers has been amazing. The communities of women in science/women in grad school/knitters are strong and I am proud to be a part of them. Even more than numbers, I never imagined blogging could lead me to feeling such a part of a community. Thank you! Here's to 20,000!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger ScienceGirl said...

Yay! I like all of your posts: on science, grad school or knitting :)

11:31 AM  
Blogger a/k/a Nadine said...

Yay! 10,000! Wow.

4:21 PM  
Blogger EcoGeoFemme said...

Cool! Keep up the good blogging!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Unbalanced Reaction said...

Congrats! Can't wait to read the next 10,000. :-)

12:07 AM  
Blogger Mad Hatter said...

Congrats! :-)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Cheers!!!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, it's not just me!


mom

9:52 AM  
Blogger Mr. McCarthy said...

Jesus, I've never seen someone get so sentimental about blogging. Get a grip already.

Did you make your decision? April 22nd is fast approaching. Do the right thing.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Wayfarer Scientista said...

Congrats - it is amazing isn't it...the blogging community.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home