sally header2

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ugly Dress

I referenced my last sewing project, but though that the hideousness should be shared with the world. First, I want to make clear that despite this totally, utter failure, I learned a lot from the project. Such as...
  • How to make gathers.
  • And thus, ruffles.
  • That if the directions call for a step, you shouldn't skip it even if you don't understand it and don't want to drive to the fabric store again to get the right kind of interfacing. If you think something isn't going to fit. Fix it as soon as possible. You won't want to take the whole dress apart to fix it later.
  • I like purple.
  • Sizing is different if you use stretchy fabric.

Well, the thing is far, far too big on me. To make matters worse, I'm not convinced the style would be flattering if it were even the right size. Perhaps if I were trying to hide a pregnancy, which I am not (either pregnant or hiding it).

I plan on making a tank top out of the material from the skirt. Currently, I have 2 skirts started and fabric for another dress. The skirts are fabulous and the dress will make me SO ready for spring weather!

Oh yes, and I had help with the dress. Perhaps he was trying to warn me. Or at least stop me...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mad Hatter said...

Okay, so you may not be wearing this particular dress...but I'm still really impressed! I can sew buttons back on, and that's about it.

Animals are very cute...even when their idea of helping isn't really very helpful. :-)

8:34 AM  
Blogger EcoGeoFemme said...

It looks like you did a great job making it though.

7:17 PM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

Thanks! My mom taught me well and should get most of the credit =)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home