sally header2

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Payback

Things were sailing a bit too smoothly there. I had 6 weeks of 1 experiment left to run and was going to be home for the majority of the summer (a first for me). Met and got the a-ok from most of my committee members (I only met with 4 of 5). That unfinished experiment already has some exciting data that is the first of its kind. And now, completely due to crap beyond my, or anyones', control- I might not be able to finish the experiment. There is a chance it could be completed, but it is going to be pushed back later in the summer and if it doesn't happen I am screwed. Now I have to come up with something else.
The loss of cool data sucks. The fact that I have to come up with a replacement chapter sucks even more. It isn't going to gel very well with the rest of what I have done and won't be nearly as cool. Uhhhh, yeah, then there is the whole issue of coming up with an idea, experimental design and getting it executed.
I had gotten to the point where I was done and convinced that I would not start anything else. Of course, I start talking about postdocs, started to answer the 'when will you finish' questions with a little bit of confidence.

Damn.


Not a good day. At least Deadliest Catch is on...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger EcoGeoFemme said...

Oh, bummer. :(

11:01 PM  
Blogger ScienceGirl said...

:( I hope you figure out a way to salvage it...

7:21 PM  
Blogger Mad Hatter said...

That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home