sally header2

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Busy enough for bullets

  • My trip went fantastic! My committee member was totally on board with my preliminary data and summer research plan. She even thinks that some chapters could be split into multiple papers.
  • The postdoc conversation was a difficult one to have and I waited as long as possible to have it. It also went well. She would 'love to have' me as a postdoc and would happily write something with me. In addition to possible funding from her next grant proposal. In addition to other possible funding for a year if first round of grants don't get funded. Plus, there is a lot of potential in her system and it could be really great research. Yay!
  • I made it through another committee member today. 3 out of 5 committee members agree that Dancingfish is A-ok.
  • Things have been busy. With V studying so much, I have tried to pick up household tasks despite the fact that I am not so good at housework. So far, laundry is going ok as long as I remember to get it out when the washer is done. Dishes must be motivated by a reward but I am getting good at all aspects of mammalian pet care. The pooch even gets brushed regularly!
  • Not too much else going on. Spending time with V means working or doing things around the house. Lots of projects but nothing completed.
  • Thursday brings another trip. I need one of these to be a vacation. With V. And no work involved.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger EcoGeoFemme said...

That's terrific! It can be so nerve wracking to have those meetings, but it feels so good to get them over with, especially when they are that successful and positve. :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Wayfarer Scientista said...

congrads on the postdoc mtg/ talk!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Mad Hatter said...

Congratulations! Sounds like everything's going great!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home