sally header2

Sunday, March 30, 2008

More meetings

Now that I am pretty much done teaching (only 9 reports to grade next weekend), April will be a flurry of meetings. I am attending another conference in 2 weeks. This one should be fun- it is usually a very boozey affair and it is a fun group of folks including a colleague from Desert Outpost, non-profit collaborator and the outside committee member for my dissertation. My abstract was also selected to be a highlighted student talk in a plenary session. Very good for the committee member to see, methinks! Of course, I have to figure out what to wear again too. The red dress worked well last time. Despite some overlap in the crowd, it will most likely be making another appearance.
The most important aspect of this meeting will be meeting with my committee member to update him on my progress and make sure that what I have planned for my final field season will suffice for the PhD requirements. You know, assuming I get interesting results.
Due to a bit of weirdness at the time, I have 2 outside committee members and this week I am driving down to mid-Atlantic city to meet with the other member. She is a person of special interest to me, as I would love to do a post-doc with her. During my visit, we will tour the lab, participate in a journal club, update her on my progress and hopefully talk projects and funding. ACK!
I spent today analyzing data, making graphs and putting a presentation together with all my projects and preliminary results (and baking blueberry muffins). The data part will come together but the biggest worry is the journal club. We don't really do those and I don't have the paper yet!
Luckily, we have one less distraction at home. The dog ate the tv remote this afternoon.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger ScienceGirl said...

Congrats on the highlighted student talk! Go you!

Good luck with your visit to mid-Atlantic city, and kudos to your dog :)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Mad Hatter said...

Congrats for getting your abstract selected for the talk!

Seriously? A remote control? I'm impressed! The only thing of mine that my dog has ever eaten was one of my bras. :-)

11:39 PM  
Blogger sher said...

Excellant! Congratulations! I hope you have a great time in Atlantic City.

Thank you for your words of support for me and Upsie. I appreciate them very much. :)

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home