sally header2

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Parades Go By

April is a-flutter with dissertation defenses in my department. This is cool as it is a lot of data supporting the hypothesis that yes, people actually graduate. Despite any and all challenges, it happens. Tomorrow, one of my labmates will defend her dissertation. It will be the first defense from my lab that I will be in the state to see. For a while I was worried that the flight cancellations last week would keep me from getting back in time. Luckily, I'm home and now very excited for tomorrow! I hope it goes well and am looking forward to the celebration.

Of course, she is the last remaining student in the lab that is senior to me. Expect a rumination on the realities of Being Next later in the week....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home