sally header2

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Music meme

I got tagged for this now! Thanks to ScienceGirl!

Seen so far at Luckybuzz and Addy N......
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through (or italicize) when someone gets them right
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is cheating.

I skipped songs without words or not in English and it turned out a pretty good mix of my music...
Good luck!

1. I don't wanna waste your time
2. I know a girl who thinks of ghosts -Flaming Lips
3. I'm in love with the world/ through the eyes of a girl /who's still around the morning after
4. This is a calling card
5. Ooohh baby, I'm not a mindreader
6. No matter how hard I try/ you kept pushing me aside - Orginially Cher, but my version is by Bedhead Loves Macha
7. There's a destination a little up the road
8. All the modern things like cars and such -Bjork
9. Someone elses' day someones elses' door
10. I want/to be a good woman
11. When I call you up, your line's engaged -The Beatles
12. Here I dreamt I was a soldier/ and I marched the streets of Birkenau
13. I could be sleeping I could be dreaming
14. Words and guitar/ I got em
15. I was born a unicorn
16. I'm on a roll, I'm on a roll this time
17. As I walked out on the streets of Laredo -Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson in my library
18. Traffic in my city turns my head around
19. Crab if you want her/ she won't be coming down - Weezer
20. He was just a working man
21. Evening star struck one
22. It's all a waste of time again
23. It's the perfect time of year/ somewhere far away from here - Barenaked Ladies
24. Left uninspired by the crust of railroad earth
25. Early one morning while making the rounds

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger hgg said...

8. "The modern things" - Björk

Only on I recognized.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Laurie K said...

17. Streets of Laredo, Johnny Cash

10:32 AM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

Both right so far!

11:17 AM  
Blogger comebacknikki said...

2. She Don't Use Jelly - Flaming Lips (I love this song!)

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#11--The Beatles, "You won't see me"

Um...I think that's all I've got, though some of these sound very familiar...

1:18 PM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

Yes! and Yes!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

19 - "Crab" by Weezer

9:01 AM  
Blogger Corey said...

#23 Pinch Me by the Barenaked Ladies

4:07 PM  
Blogger Canada said...

Oooh, I knew 23, and 6 is Cher's Do You Believe in Love

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home