sally header2

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Triple Boo!

I wrote a post called "Double Boo" last night when I stayed home from dance classes due to sickness. I apologized for saying anyone over 50 was old when really it is the senior citizens of our town with great tastes in movies. I praised V for being a fantastic boyfriend.

Then the computer ate my post. I gave up and went to bed.

Today I gave a talk and still am in awe of how horrid it went. First of all- 20 minutes of technical difficulties. About as long as the informal talk itself. Then I had just come from teaching and didn't have a lot of time to prepare and it sorta sucked. Everyone else thinks it was fine but I am (as usual) overly critical.

But FINALLY- some good news! I tried to extract some DNA out of fin clips from my fish. This way I can check out their genes and not have to kill the fishies. Well it worked and I can take a small clip and get more than enough DNA out of it. Yippee! The first step in figuring out some dissertation ideas worked! Again...Yipee!!
Gotta catch up on grading now so I can, hopefully, enjoy V's birthday weekend!