sally header2

Monday, January 30, 2006

Boo

So I spent yesterday in bed feeling sick. I only actually got out of bed about 4 times all day...and once i did I got a big splinter in my foot! We need to replace out wood floors in our bedroom. Maybe once the magic tax return fairy comes to visit we will.

Anyways, besides that, DNA scarf was sort-of-gifted this morning. I need to do two more repeats of the pattern and am out of yarn. Hopefully it will be gifted for real by the end of the week! Pictures will of course come once it gets blocked!

Finally, I wanted to urge everyone to go see Brokeback Mountain if you haven't yet. The film is truely gorgeous. It was much more simplistic that I thought it would be and the performances were much more powerful than I thought they would be. The old folks were also quieter than I thought they would be. For some reason every time we go to the art theater in town, we are in the minority of people there under the age of 50. It is sort of strange. Anyways-I haven't been able to stop thinking about the movie since Saturday. Usually I want to see movies than never make the effort to actually see them till they are on Netflix or HBO but I am so glad we saw this one (We also ended up driving an hour to go see Walk the Line a few weeks ago because I was lazy till it left the theaters around here- it was also great). anyways, I think as an ensemble, the actors were robbed at the SAG awards but I never saw Crash so I can't really say that too definitivly. I have to point out though that at the awards, who was walking the red carpet with Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams??? Audrey (Busy Phillips) from Dawson's Creek! I had to look three times but it had to be her in the black dress, red-ish hair and black headband! Way to go still hanging out all these years after Dawson's! Now only if we could get poor Joey Potter there with you...

4 Comments:

Blogger amandamonkey said...

I hope you're feeling better!

2:54 PM  
Blogger hamster_grrl said...

I saw Brokeback Mountain too on Saturday!! (Well, Saturday here). It was really really good, and I too am still thinking about it! So. Good.

I didn't catch any of the SAG awards, but I have to say, that I did see Crash and it is really good too, and made me think for about a week. The only labmate you have that does not share your name has the DVD, I suggest you borrow it from her, it's worth watching.

Also, keep an eye out for the Australian movie "Look Both Ways" it is outstanding, and I think it should be released in the U.S. sometime soon!

I hope you are feeling better soon!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finished my shall in 2 days! and now I am almost done with the hat for my sister, same pattern as you made me :)
went to the knitters kniche again with my new roomie. i am teaching her to knit! we are machines! ha.
the crazy lady was at the kniche - scared roomie a little.

cant wait to see more pics!

12:02 PM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

you know, i found myself thinking about brokeback mountain a lot for the few days after jason and i saw it. half the time, i didn't even realize i was thinking about it, until a moment when i'd be like "oh...i've just been pondering the nature of the relationship between ennis and his daughters for 10 minutes." it's a rare movie, i think, that can stay with you that way.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home