sally header2

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Long, long, long

After a Blogger induced hiatus last night- I PASSED!

As soon as a few minor revisions are completed (I get to cut out experiments instead of adding them at least!) I will officially be a PhD CANDIDATE!!

Yippee!!!
The defense was ridiculous. It was good conversation the whole time and I didn't get stumped on anything. Everyone seemed to be interested and even the committee member known throughout the department for falling asleep in every seminar stayed awake the whole time.

The only bad thing was that it was 4 HOURS LONG. 4 hours of explaining theory and hypotheses and standing in heels. I left the room for them to deliberate and promptly started crying- 4 hours is apparently too long for me to be on the spot and hold it together afterwards. I was still crying after they told me I passed (my advisor has seen this stress response from me before, while everyone else just thought I was upset for some reason despite passing). I pulled it together, had a beer, dinner and passed out at home. Now I must finish the revisions and get ready to leave PA- and one of these days I will get some more sleep...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. McCarthy said...

Congrats!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Oh, congratulations! That's so exciting! I'm getting ready to take my own exams, so I love to hear about other people's success stories. But four hours! In heels! Sweet jeebus. I think that in my department, they at least let you sit.

Thanks for your great comment on my armwarmers. I swear, that cable pattern is so funky! And not in a good way. I hated that stupid chart...I should have listened to my instincts. I love your idea about ribs all around. The Noro is pretty, though, in'it? There's no weird orange or yellow in it like there is in some colorways.

11:52 PM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

hey, congratulations woman! quite an accomplishment.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home