sally header2

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Year of the sweater

So this year my big knitting goal was to conquer socks. I have one in progress (check back tomorrow for an update on how that is going....riiiiiight) even if I didn't really conquer them so much.
I've decided that next year will be the year of the sweater! My current cardigan does not match any of my clothes and gets more raggedy by the day. I feel ready to start bigger projects. Plus they will keep me occupied for a long time out in the desert and will travel great in my new bag (see yesterdays post). Specifically, I think I am ready to start these two projects. Fair Isle and Lace too!

If you can't tell from the small pictures, these are the Fairly Easy Fair Isle sweater and the Lucky Clover Lace Wrap both from Stitch N Bitch Nation! I will do the Fair Isle in the dark grey with different accent colors (I don't do pink) and the lace wrap in something less bright than the blue here. Maybe a cream or some other neutral so I could wear it with a lot of t-shirts. Good thing that scarf was colorful! Sounds like I am back to neutrals...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sneks said...

I think the Fair Isle sweater would look nice with green and blue accents. Like our favorite green that you used in the pinwheel baby blanket!

And I LOVE that lace wrap!

You are so brave!

I have yet to complete a knitting project other than a scarf!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home