sally header2

Monday, November 13, 2006

Mango Neck Warmth

Yesterday I finished my new scarf for this winter. My first winter as a knitter I made myself a white to dark grey variegated scarf in garter stitch. Pretty simple and I don't have a picture, as it was pre-blog. Last year I knit this fantastic grey seed stich alpaca number. After two years of neutral scarves (and a grey and black winter coat) I am going all out with the color! I bought this Mango Moons yarn at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I cannot say enough good things about the company for supporting the Nepali Women Empowerment Group. The yarn is great too! I will be festive all season long and hey, none of my clothes match anyways. This scarf has ALL the colors so it will match EVERYTHING! Right?
It is a basic 1x1 rib, which I think is the most fantastic stitch since, well, last years seed stitch...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home