sally header2

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Blogging about cats to avoid major bitching about work

I give the proposal first run to my lab at 9 am tomorrow. I think I will be ok (I LOVE that you can put notes in powerpoint). It won't be polished but I think it will be coherent. Hopefully. Maybe. Unfortunately, our cats are insane. Totally crazy. Some evidence from my 'work at home' day...
Seymour has knocked EVERYTHING off the table I am working at. For no apparent reason.

He spent 10 minutes sitting in the window sill. This window is a first floor bathroom and therefore is blocked- no real window to be had.

He also knocked everything off the dresser.

He gallops around the house in front of me everywhere I go. It is like he *wants* to be stepped on.

He is currently trying to climb behind our indoor shudders to get to the window instead of going to the bright open window 20 feet away.

Turtle stares at the fish tanks for hours on end.

She meows incessantly for no reason.

I think she is the reason my chap stick is in the middle of the floor (nowhere near where Seymour might have knocked it off the table).

Taking notes is impossible as pens are her new object of obsession.

If I get comfy with a book- she attacks my hair.

I can't even let the dog out- I'd get even less work done....if that is possible.
All these annoyances and home is STILL better than the chain coffee shop/cafe where apparently all children under the age or 4 convene to scream as loud as possible about getting to sit near the window (maybe they and Seymour have more in common than I know...). Or my office- complete with not enough room for me and the guy who sits behind me to both sit comfortably at our desks at the same time and the presence of dreaded advisor 2 doors down.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

It looks like you live in a Mill building - I used to live in one and loved the high ceilings and the exposed beams and brick....cooky cat! :)

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home