sally header2

Friday, December 01, 2006

Memorize Your Lines

So I gave my first run of my proposal defense to my advisor and a couple students nice enough to give me an hour of their precious grad student time. It went ok- I had no note cards and really hadn't even even timed it or run through it out loud yet. My advisor indicated that it was good enough as is and actually said something about not practicing too much for fear I will practice myself into worse condition (he is a little strange sometimes- the other day he just stopped by my office in the middle of the afternoon to tell me that I need to publish more. No explaination, no nothing- just walked away. Ummmmm, thanks?). Anyways, it is looking like I will be ok by Tuesday although I still feel as I have a lot of note card making, practicing and polishing to do.

Tomorrow V and I run a 5k- right AFTER the 30 degree drop in temperature. It is scheduled to be 31 degrees but sunny. Brrrr....maybe it will get me to run faster to get back inside quicker! Then it might be a long weekend huddled in cozy blankets working away and TRYING to relax. Good news for this blog- that might actually include picking up my knitting for the first time in 2 weeks!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home