sally header2

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Derby day!

The Derby starts in an hour and I am still undecided about my choice of horse! At least I have narrowed it down...
Eight Belles: The first filly since 1999 and only 3 fillies have ever won. It would be nice to have a lady horse win. Plus, she is beauuuutiful...
Cowboy Cal: Shares a nickname with a certain pooch I know.
Z Humor: Good pedigree, good lookin'.
Big brown: Good name but I can't go with the favorite!

I also usually like the biggest horse but I can't seem to figure out the sizes of any of this years contenders....

Final call: Eight Belles it is! Off to watch!


UPDATE: She got second, broke both ankles and was immediately euthenized on the track. I don't think I like the Derby anymore...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger a/k/a Nadine said...

No kidding. How upsetting.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Unbalanced Reaction said...

Ack! Now I remember why I don't like the races!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Laurie K said...

I never pay attention to the Derby, but R told me this. So sad!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Cath@VWXYNot? said...

I was watching and none of us could figure out how it happened. I mean it must have been after the end of the race, right? But how?

Terribly sad.

4:15 PM  
Blogger botanybabe said...

i don't support animal races of any kind. this just supports my case. sad, very sad. better in the public eye than in a dog food packaging plant. don't you love me?

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home