sally header2

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

No one's home

It is a rare week in my lab. There is no one else around except me and my advisor (who is too busy writing a proposal to want to chat right now. This is rare- he likes lengthy chats). The undergrads are still gone and all the other graduate students went into the field. While field work is always fun, particularly in sun-drenched tropical countries, it hasn't been too bad around here either. There are no other schedules to compete with for lab time so I can power through as much of my current experiments as my little heart desires. So far, I am on track to complete the final treatment for one project and have been working out the details of the experimental design for another small project I want to try to do this semester. Being able to pop down to the lab throughout the day (and actually have things to do in there rather than just visit for no reason) has also helped keep me away from bloglines, gossip sites, email and...wow- I haven't looked at Cute Overload in 3 weeks!
If only it were this easy to stay productive when writing!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayfarer Scientista said...

yay for productivity!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home