sally header2

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas is coming!

Actually, it is already here in our house! V gave me my present early this year as he thought I might be able to use it in the next few weeks. We are going to the Midwest for the holiday and with all the people and pets in 1 car, we won't take large gifts with us anyway.
While he is impossible to shop for, he always gets me great gifts. This year, it is a new sewing machine! It is electronic, has 40+ stitches, is not a fire hazard and is really easy to use!
My mom acquired one for me when I moved into my house here in PhDtown and it didn't get much use, as I couldn't figure out how to thread the darn thing. With guidance, she got me on my way this fall. I made a skirt, but couldn't use the zipper or hem attachments so it sort of sucked. The old machine is very cool and retro but also requires shoes as the pedal will burn your foot (it smells a little like smoke sometimes too).
The directions are even more of a trip...
Well, the new machine is far easier to use and I've already started a new apron- I wouldn't want to give up that homemaker title now would I? There is a lot of baking in the works for the next few weeks and I always end up throwing about 2 tablespoons of flour on myself. It is a dark madras material, lined in the blue and I am going to add a red top portion with blue ties at the neck as well. Maybe pockets too, but I haven't decided yet...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger a/k/a Nadine said...

Ooh, what fun. I prefer my aprons to have pockets...

10:17 AM  
Blogger Field Notes said...

Am envious of your new machine! The one I use is a dinosaur of the same vintage as your old one. Looks fun ;-)

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home