sally header2

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Welcome Back Meme

1. Will you be looking for a new job?
I pretty much always look for new jobs. Postdocs, tenure track positions, non-academic jobs, heck, I even know that the new Mexican place in town is hiring servers. In actuality, yes. I will be searching for a postdoc. Or at least funding for a postdoc.
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Nope. We are full of marital bliss here at chez fish.
3. New house?
No. V seems to have succeeded in fixing the roof so our current house may even continue standing all the way through 2008.
4. What will you do differently in 08?
A lot of things.
5. New Years resolutions?
Eat better. Stop reading celebrity gossip.
6. What will you not be doing in 08?
Spending more than 3 months of the year away from my home/husband.
7. Any trips planned?
Two conferences this spring, going to NM for research this summer, another conference, possibly going to hometown for my 10 year reunion, to hometown for a wedding.
8. Wedding plans?
None of my own.
9. Major thing on your calendar?
V's qualifying exams and finishing research in NM.
10. What can’t you wait for?
Having all of my side/old projects submitted for publication.
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
It would be nice to see more acceptance emails rather than rejections on submitted papers and grants.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
I want to
13. What happened in 07 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
I submitted a paper to (a journal that rhymes with) Schmiance.
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
I will certainly try.
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 07?
I started dressing nicer for teaching. I hope to keep it up despite not lecturing.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
No.
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
Sure. My brother and I don't really talk very often.
18. Will you do charity work?
Probably not. Except maybe knitting for charity or raising money for a run for a cause sort of thing.
19. Will you go to bars?
I drink more at home but I have been known to frequent a happy hour here or there.
20. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
I usually am.
21. Do you expect 08 to be a good year for you?
There is no reason not to.
22. How much did you change from this time last year till now?
I got married, lost some weight, and due to my time away from my lab/advisor/university, became more independent and confidant in my abilities as a researcher .
23. Do you plan on having a child?
Nope.
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
I hope so. Some are moving so I hope the distance does not alter our friendships too much.
25. Major lifestyle changes?
None that I can foresee.
26. Will you be moving?
Back to NM for a few months.
27. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 08 that happened in 07?
Let the useless parts of the Internet suck up so much of my time.
28. What are your New Years Eve plans?
A party at my office mates house.
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
V!
30. One wish for 08?
Health and happiness for family and friends.

I tag anyone who hasn't done this one yet!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Field Notes said...

This one would make a good post for me tomorrow - either this or the year in review I saw over at psychgrad's ;D This one is easier tho!!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home