Success and failures of the past week
Successes in the past week:
- Getting through a lecture series about stuff-I-don't-know-too-much-about. Probably my least favorite 3 lectures of the semester. They were difficult because other resources (books, old lectures) don't even cover the topics. Add in a book that is hard to follow and makes mistakes in deriving equations and I am screwed. Today we cut our losses, moved on and a student already told me they really enjoyed today's lecture. Hopefully I am on a winning streak!
- Getting the last experiment of a project started. We want to submit by the end of the year. Data must be generated!
- Getting a manuscript in order. We want to submit by the end of the month. Revisions must be made!
- Pesto Bread
- Parmesan Peppercorn bread
- Small successes they may be, but getting things organized around the house. We created a new office space for me and made room for some new furniture in our cute little breakfast nook! My mom is coming this weekend and bringing lots of wedding gifts. We need to make space and also you know, not look like complete slobs.
- Taking a night off. We went out to local-heritage-fest on Friday night. We indulged in just enough drinking to be super fun with very little hangover and too much funnel cake. It was great fun though!
- Catching up on Ugly Betty. People are engaged that I didn't know about, things are happening and I am just trying to put it all together and watch last seasons' finale as soon as possible. The new season premiere was last Thursday and I am amazed I have avoided any spoilers!
- Saving money. Between lunches, take out for dinner and local-heritage-fests' overpriced booze I am flat broke. And still need to hire some house painters.
- Finding new phones and new phone plans. It is just too depressing to deal with.
- Pumpkin bread. It turned out like a brick. A tasty brick, but the dense texture was really disappointing.
- Posting pics of knitting. Boo. Bad knit blogger.