sally header2

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Phone Went West

We got a call from our phone company yesterday. They are breaking up with us.
V just signed a 2 year contract and bought a new fancy phone in June. They will be terminating that contract at the end of this billing cycle. Usually it is impossible to get OUT of service contracts! Of course we have the problem where they ban us from ever being customers again. Can they even really do that?

Apparently, when I went to NM I was in roaming. For, like, the entire 8 months. But we have the free roaming plan so THEY had to pay for it and I guess if you cost them enough money, they will enforce that fine print on your contract. (I know plenty of people who are out of their area for years at a time. Do they just let it slide unless your 'out of area' is more expensive than usual?)
No matter what or why- they don't care that I am back now or anything. It is just over. We can choose a different carrier and keep our numbers or well, nothing. That is our only option. Our address is flagged so I can't even go all stealth and open a new account in my name when the last one was in V's.

I've decided the bright side to your cell company dumping you is that you get a new phone! I want a green one!
Does anyone recommend any great new phones out there (besides the iPhone- can't afford it)?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Field Notes said...

I had no idea that could happen. What a pain; at least you get a new phone! I've been using the same phone I got for free when I signed up years ago for cell service so I don't have any recommendations :-( but a green one does sound fun!

2:55 PM  
Blogger hamster_grrl said...

I hate to pour salt in the wound or anything, but the iPhone is only available from the people who just broke up with you.

I'm a Nokia fan myself, but the little Motorola brick phone has piqued my curiosity, is it in green?

4:22 PM  
Blogger a/k/a Nadine said...

I've never heard of such a thing. My contract is up next month, but I probably won't jump ship. Although a new phone always sounds fun...

9:04 AM  
Blogger Mr. McCarthy said...

I reccomend the football phone you get from ordering Sports Illustrated in the 1980's.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home