sally header2

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Bread!

Two weekends ago I got to play with one of our wedding gifts (the one in the foreground- the one in the background is still being figured out...

The result: Really nice, homemade wheat bread. Although it gave us the hiccups (from the yeast maybe?) it was yummy and awesome to have such simple, fresh food in the house.

It left me inspired so today I am making more wheat bread, banana bread (we have a ton of old bananas), and tomorrow I might try making scones for the first time.
I am so happy to have a fully functioning kitchen again!!!!!





We also did something else new last night- actually going to a bar to hang out with people. We are getting so crazy these days, we better be careful not to hurt ourselves. Anyways, I never really bothered going to the bars around campus. We don't live right near campus and don't particularly feel the need to live it up at the bars (plus we can't afford it really) so it works out fine. It was a warm evening with cold beer and fun was had by all. Until this first year, different department grad student starts asking about what we do. Then he starts saying that he doesn't really buy what we study. Particularly this one thing that I *happened* to have given a lecture on yesterday morning.
I'm a sucker. I took the bait and spent 25 minutes trying to talk science into some dude who was trying to be funny by being glib and putting down my field. As soon as I got away from him, we left. It would have been far more fun to talk with people I wanted to hang out with for that time. I surely learned my lesson though and next time, I will explain that I went out to take a break from work and if they annoy me enough, refer whoever it is to my office hours.

So as not to end on such a bitter note:
Tomorrow.
4pm EST.
Chicago Bears-San Diego Chargers.
Bears D vs. LT.
Watch out, now.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie K said...

I got one of those bread machines for Christmas last year. I love it so much!

2:59 PM  
Blogger arcadianrhythm said...

Wow, that's awesome! I have a mini bread machine (it's called "just for dinner," how cute is that?) which I adore. I got "Electric Bread" (cookbook) as a gift, and even though I haven't used it yet (my machine is so tiny, I have to experiment with halving the recipes), I highly recommend it. Everyone who sees it on my kitchen shelf says it's the best bread machine cookbook.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home