sally header2

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Carnival!

I am back at DO and settling in for an intensive month of research, writing, data collection and preparation for my biggest conference of the year (more on all this later on...). Last weekend, in the midst of the flurry of the final wedding of the season (or at least for 3 more months), something happened that I haven't mentioned yet. This blog started out as a way to show my family and friends pictures and maybe get some help with my knitting. My PhD program and research don't leave much time for knitting and often I have thought of trying to change the title of this thing to not be so tied directly to knitting. I talk more about grad school and research but 'Underwater Grad School' just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Well, despite my included post not actually being about anything to do with grad school (it was about the wedding), I was included in the Carnival of GRADual Progress last month. I feel like I got invited to sit with the cool kids at lunch or something. I am a regular reader of most of the blogs included but am still figuring out how, when and how much to say about school and academia given my initial audience of friends and family. Anyways, I want to thank Geeka for hosting the carnival and including my post and Hello! and thank you to anyone stopping by from there!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie K said...

awesome! Now you are famous. :) I didn't know about a lot of those blogs so now I can read about more other grad students (there is no grammar in that sentence). That will totally not get in the way of me graduating some day, not at all.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You are now officially too cool for school.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home