sally header2

Monday, April 23, 2007

How are these NOT wedding shoes?

My Mom and I went shopping today. It was a fun time and the final pieces of wedding related stuff is coming together. I got undergarments and earrings. The earrings were 50% off! Woo Hoo!
Thanks to my hefty tax return and my Moms' encouragement, we went into Anthropologie. I spend hours drooling over their clothes online at Desert Outpost. I was appalled last time (the first time) I went there and discovered my ribcage was to big for any dress I liked. This time wasn't as bad. I wanted this....
However, the biggest size they had was a 4. Me in a 4? Yeah right. Instead I found a cute little blue/red stripey number (on sale!) that will be perfect for the post wedding Cubbymoon (we have super awesome access to great seats for the Cubs game 2 days after the wedding). No picture online anymore though. I also got this to dress up my wardrobe a bit...
I think it might be the first thing that is pink that I have owned in a looooong time. It was %50 off as well =)
Finally, I found my shoes for the wedding. I am still working on securing the color I want in the size I prefer (So far I have them in one EU size too small but they fit and aren't uncomfortable. They might be tight with socks on). The sales guy was appalled at the idea they would be wedding shoes. He gave us his card and wants pictures of these with the dress. I figure what is the point of buying nice shoes to wear only once under a long dress? I will wear these ALL. THE. TIME. They are really, really comfortable and there is no way I will slip and fall even if it rains. The company seems like a good, environmentally conscious one. The vegetable based dyeing process, use of recycled and natural rubber, and hand-stitched upper make them seem like they are a good investment that will last a very long time. They match our colors even! I absolutely love them!!! I must attend to a kitty now...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurie K said...

I think the shoes are awesome.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Sneks said...

You kill me.

Those shoes rock. Seriously.

9:42 AM  
Blogger arcadianrhythm said...

I fully agree that people should wear whatever they damn well want to get married in. Nothing makes me unhappy like shoes that pinch my wide feet! I'm sure they will be fabulous.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home