sally header2

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

More interesting than the last one...I promise

Wow, sorry about that ultra boring last post there, peeps!

I am still knitting on the Fetching gloves- I will have all but the thumbs done tonight. I am a bit nervous about the thumbs with them being made with live stitches from waste yarn....
I took yesterday off from knitting and went for a run instead. I was up to 4 times a week before my trip to IL but between having a cold and it being cold outside- I haven't run since then. Luckily the weather looks good all week!

On the work front- I sent the first draft of the major manuscript to my advisor today. Yay!! It is a really rough draft but I am so intimidated by it being such a major manuscript that I am completely stuck with it where it is. I used to think that papers needed to be perfect before anyone else saw them. Things would sit on my desk or on my computer screen for days, weeks, months at a time while I tweaked and revised them. Currently, I think that if stuck the best thing to do is to get it to a coauthor. A different perspective might fix MY stuck issue in a matter of hours. Even small edits might get me into thinking about the issue differently to fix it myself. Especially on projects that are not my dissertation work, I will take as much help as possible from anyone willing to give it.

Finally- I just bought my ticket to fly home for my wedding! V is a bit bothered that I bought plane tickets for a wedding taking place 3 weeks after ours before buying a ticket for our own wedding. Tickets for the later one were cheap so I pounced! Plus, I wasn't 100% about when/how I was getting back to Desert Outpost after our wedding so I waited. Anyways, Yippee! So excited!!! Here's a cat!!!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie K said...

yay for the plane ticket!

11:03 PM  
Blogger arcadianrhythm said...

Adorable cat, OMG. Why doesn't my cat do things like this? She just runs around biting things and jumping on horizontal surfaces she's not allowed on.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home