sally header2

Sunday, March 18, 2007

I have conquered the sock!

Since I finished all but the thumb of super-silk-armwarmer #1, I have gone and moved onto a few other projects. I think actively working on a few things at once will keep the knitting more exciting and then I will do it more.
First up- the sock. After dreaming about it late last week, I realized I had promised to send the pattern back to its owner 6 weeks ago. It completely slipped my mind (I am SO sorry SB! even though said pattern owner doesn't read this blog). I am sending it back to her on Monday and so last night, just sat down and turned the heel. It was easy. Really easy. It was stupid of me to be so worked up about it. Over a year of putting off socks because of THAT? wtf? Non-cheapo sock yarn is on my list of things to buy and once I do, I will be a sock knitting fiend! I have at least 4 trips planned that include major airport time. I'm already looking for patterns for V and my mom.
Let's not forget that this year is 'Year of the Sweater' here at DancingFish central! I am starting with the Fairly Easy Fair Isle from SnB Nation. I thought I would live dangerously and actually swatch for the first time ever- this is the first knit I've done where swatching seemed required. If a hat or scarf or armwarmer is a bit too big or small it isn't really a big deal. A sweater too big or small? Disaster. After blocking, my gauge is practically perfect. It as good as I am going to get it at least! Any thoughts on the colors*? I know the dark green doesn't really POP against the brown but it makes up a big stripe on the yoke that is surrounded by a little stripe of the light green so I think it will make its awesome green-ness known in the end.
*It was an overcast, crappy day for pictures yesterday. It was either too light with the flash and wash out the light green, or too dark and lose the dark green....

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

Your swatch for the fair isle sweater looks great. I like how well the greens and brown go together.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Ahh! I tried to use that sock yarn once. It came out terrible for me. Luckily you seem to be doing a lot better. Congrats!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home