sally header2

Monday, February 26, 2007

Feelgood by numbers

I just heard that I received my first research grant! I GOT A GRANT! I did it! My CV gets a whole new section now! It is from a smaller organization but it is great because it is the same amount as the grants available from the big organizations. Plus, I already bought most of the stuff I put in the budget so this is very good news for my credit card!

This organization makes you go to the banquet at their annual meeting if you get the award. Otherwise they give it to someone else. I didn't realize they told you ahead of time so I was planning on going anyways and practicing my loser smile and clap (of course, that is why I HAD to watch the Oscars last night). Now the registration, hotel room and drive will all be worth it!

Yea! Yea! Yea!

Off to do a happy dance....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger hamster_grrl said...

Yay! Congratulations! I am glad you will have a reason for the banquet! Have you picked out your gown and prepared an acceptance speech?

11:30 AM  
Blogger amandamonkey said...

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home