sally header2

Friday, April 06, 2007

Old Project, New Project, Sock Project, Blue Project!

I realize I never showed you the completed first ever sock. It's a beauty! Well, It's a sock at least. I am not a huge fan of the yarn or pattern so I am not planning on making the second one anytime soon.

For my next sock-related trick.....

This is going to be a Jaywalker!


I avoided even casting on for the second of my silk armwarmers but did begin a pair of Fetching. I couldn't resist any longer. They will go to Artgirl who once upon a time, I made a bright red alpaca hat.
I am totally making them for myself too- So. Cute. Plus a fun, quick knit. I must say though- the cabling in the round? Not as easy as it seems- especially on a turbulent airplane. I am glad I had cable experience before these otherwise I would have given up and never cable knit again.


I also finally finished my Branching Out. It only took me a year and a half. While I was messing with my computer to go through airport security, the yarn got stuck in the zipper of my backpack. It broke when I pulled it out. Now my beautiful, years-in-the-making lace scarf has a big ol' hole in it. The horror...

(I actually don't have any decent pictures of the hole...here is my moms' cat instead)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger granolagirl said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about the scarf, so much work, destroyed in so little time. Is it fixable? Could you maybe get an embroidered flower/bird...and stitch it onto the hole?

I love your sock, surprised you don't like it?!?

12:50 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Your red Fetchings are great! Lovely colour - it even looks warm.

Thanks for your comment on my blog and Fetchings as well. I do recommend lengthening them a bit if you want them beyong your knuckles.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home