sally header2

Thursday, April 05, 2007

pomp and kitchen tools

I was in IL for my bridal shower last weekend and can not believe the amount of stuff we got! Everyone was so generous and I am really amazed at (but totally appreciate) the amount of support and good wishes for our wedding. Here are me and Artgirl, my maid of honor (and as of this afternoon, a new homeowner!) looking confused. A common look for both of us.
Like my corsage? My mom made me wear it. She was even kind enough to take me shopping for clothes so I didn't look nearly as dirty as I do on a usual day to day basis. I even got my hair cut for the second time in 18 months! It was really great to see everyone, but I feel like I only got to talk to anyone for about 45 seconds each. It was difficult to try to split my short amount of time because I haven't seen any of my own friends in 4 months, let alone my extended family, V's family and my mom's friends.

Returning to the desert and my lonely trailer has left me in a funk. I am not feeling well either which really doesn't help. My animals got messed up while I was gone so I am just now starting trials again. Also, been forcing myself to finish writing a little grant proposal due in a week. The big time grant proposal I submitted in January is supposed to be announced this week and I have all but figured out I didn't get it and wasn't even close. On the application, it said advisors would be contacted for references if the proposal was shortlisted. I asked mine if he was contacted but he had no clue what I was talking about. Darn. I thought that one was really good too.
Oh- I did a lot of knitting during my travels too, but haven't uploaded pictures yet so check back for those updates later!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurie K said...

yay for the stuff and the shower! Sorry about your animals and the funk. Maybe the grant will surprise you?

6:57 PM  
Blogger Mr. McCarthy said...

hmmm. I thought that was moss.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home