sally header2

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fit to be tied

I am in wedding dress fitting hell. Despite being a week and a few thousand miles away from any actual dress fitting. We are getting jerked around by the bridal shop. The dress will be in in March, the dress will be in in April, the dress is in the store room, the dress won't be shipped till mid-May. I started leaving bitchy messages yesterday and V called me a bridezilla for the first time. Finally I got a real-sounding answer that the dress will be in by next week. In order to save my sanity and hopefully start my cool big time experiment sometime soon, I am piggybacking a trip to IL onto my trip to a conference this week. I will get to fly out of a bigger airport that I am close to anyways as opposed to driving 4 hours each way to fly out of a smaller airport. We will have to see how that goes...

Yesterday I got a call from a co-workers wife. He is out of town so she invited me to stay in their extra room for the week. I jumped at the opportunity, despite having only met her and her daughter once. A real bed, a great big hot shower (with a water softener!) and non-microwaved meals. Plus they have cute chickens and kitties and bunnies!! (don't worry I am taking my camera with me tonight!). It is just so nice of her to think of me and everything- it is probably the nicest thing anyone has done for me since I got here. Given that I am scheduled to drive all day Thursday (with a stop at my field site) and give a talk on Friday, a few good nights sleep will be important for me this week. Plus. BUNNIES!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Macoco said...

I hope everything goes well with the dress - it sounds very stressful.

I can't wait to see pictures of bunnies!!

1:18 PM  
Blogger arcadianrhythm said...

Yes, you must post pictures of the bunnies!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home