sally header2

Friday, January 26, 2007

Grant submitted

I HATE pressing the SUBMIT button on things. I sweat, get clammy hands and then have to run around the room or something to calm myself down. It sucks. I've been told that I should just be happy that it is over and I don't have to worry about it anymore. But really, that is when you SHOULD worry about it. People are reviewing your work, critiquing it and criticizing it. I try to have as many more experienced people review grants and manuscripts as I can before they go off into the world. Despite all the feedback and suggestions and help and encouragement you still end up vulnerable. I think this is a good idea, I think this is important. What do you think? This is the best I could do right now. Is it good enough?

I realize that work, grants, and papers can be good and important without winning awards, being funded or getting published. Sometimes it is hard to remember that though when all you hear is that award winning work, funded grants and published papers are the only way to be successful.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home