sally header2

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Substance

I have been meaning to post some things with substance lately. Unfortunately, everything with substance that I have thought of lately has been pretty depressing. No one really wants to read about how miserable and alone I am in a crap ass town where the grocery store doesn't even have boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Trust me, V and my mom have listened to me complain and cry enough already I'm sure. I think I have held it together pretty well by telling myself that things will get better after an adjustment period. That was at least until the chicken thing happened yesterday. Luckily, I had also spent more than I can afford at Target (thank goodness for Target retail therapy and Cute Overload). When I returned to the RV where I now reside, I put some rugs down, washed some new cups, and got to put up curtains so I didn't have to change clothes in the kitchen. Ahhhh, small luxuries.....

Anyways, in addition to getting back to the knitting updates, hopefully I will ruminate on some of the fascinating things about being an academic (if I may be so bold as to call my measly grad student self an academic) in a non-academic world. Things like set hours and something they are calling "breaks."
In addition, the RV life is really.....special. Living with essentially an airplane toilet for 8 months will be interesting. Also, I like hot showers. RVs don't have much hot water. I imagine the solution to this one is more complex than whatever terrorist plot Jack Bauer will have to diffuse this season on my beloved (and unavailable where I live) 24.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sneks said...

Sorry hun! Having a rough time myself when we first got to Texas, I can empathize! But I am sure you will feel better about everything after 11 days (that's my adjustment period to a new place). I am sure the curtains and rugs helped! And I would mail you chicken, but that would be gross.

I'll call you soon to chat (sorry -- orals tomorrow, so the phone is OFF for the next 30 hours!)!!

Head high dancing fish -- you'll get through it!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home