sally header2

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

You're it.

I’ve been tagged by Chris over at Spinneret …
Here are the Rules:* Someone Tags you* You post 5 things about yourself that you haven't already mentioned on your blog* You tag 5 people about whom you'd like to know more

I wish I could dress differently than I do. I would love to wear nicer clothes and have a wardrobe that could actually exude some sort of style. I know exactly what I WOULD wear- very stylized vintage stuff. I just can’t pull it off because of what I do. Cleaning fish tanks in a skirt is not fun (I have done it but it isn’t fun). Even if it were fun you’d ruin all your cool clothes pretty quickly. Even jewelry and actual hairstyles are pretty impossible. A ponytail is really the only way to avoid wet fishy hair. And all jewelry will get ruined. I managed to wear a simple bracelet for the last 3 years but have now switched to a more useful watch. I have all put given up my old habit of wearing cool (fake) glasses and even my engagement ring comes off when I am doing lab work.
I end up in a jeans and t-shirt rut that is hard to climb out of (Although, I do an ok job with my selection of band and actual old t-shirts I think. Of course, so does every halfway decent indie rock kid living near an Urban Outfitters). To make matters worse, I don’t really think that the type of style I would like to have is particularly professional for the academic setting. I guess my jeans and t-shirts aren’t either though….

I am horrible about sending things in the mail. Cards, presents, anything. I never go to the post office and if I do it is always months after I say I will. There was a period of time when I couldn’t find stamps for the life of me and if it isn’t stamps it is a box or something else vital to packages. I still haven’t sent a scarf to a friend whose birthday was in September. Currently, I am making a concerted effort to send things. I already sent a card to V!

I love pickles. On sandwiches, by themselves, slices or chips. My favorites are the ‘Bread n’ Butter’ ones.

I don’t think I’ve talked about this here, since it is usually a big love fest with our cats. I used to be deathly afraid of cats. Hated them! I stood on a chair for 2 hours when I was a sophomore in college because there was a kitten on my porch. All my roommates also hate(d) cats so they were no help. I am very happy I got over this.

I started SCUBA diving when I was 12 (both pics in my title header I took myeslf!) and am a certified Rescue Diver. I haven’t been in years and I miss it. I used to dive for work (marine education programs) and loved the feeling of being so familiar with a coral reef that I knew what species of fish were where and could see them week after week. It is because of diving that I got interested in fish behavior and research as a whole.

I tag….Ok, I don’t really know who reads this here blog regularly so if you are reading, consider yourself tagged. (And leave me a comment so I can learn more about you!)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the vintage fashions. I can't wear them or jewelry either, everything gets trashed. Had a ring catch a hook on a costume and was suddenly supporting a thirty pound dress with just my ring finger, the rest of the hand being bent back at that point. Talk about not fun.
Congrats on sending the grant off. Best of luck.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home