sally header2

Sunday, July 30, 2006

A few things...

At the grocery store yesterday, I passed by a couple of folks talking on their smoke break. All I heard was "...Can't sleep, clowns will eat me." Luckily this just turned out to be a bumper sticker on a nearby car. Another good one, " I like candle light dinners, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick."

Last night was not a good night for sleeping. I was tossing and turning for what seems like forever. Finally I fell asleep and was awoken by sirens. We hear sirens all the time in our 'hood but this was the first time they were accompanied by a warm orange glow and the smell of smoke. We could see the flames from our window and got up to see what exactly was on fire. About half a block away was the full fledged structure fire...But we are still unsure what the structure really was. A woman standing there and she told us that the old potato chip factory was on fire, it had been set fire once before so it was probably some kids faults. We went by there this morning and it is all burnt out but it started dawning on us...Old potato chip factory? It looks like a garage or large carriage house. I guess it could have been a potato chip factory in like 1890 but I just don't see it. I can't find anything in the news about it though...Very weird.

Been knitting the baby blanket, working and TRYING to beat the heat around here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home