sally header2

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Projects

This years scarf is a cozy, stripey one. It is made of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Astrakhan. The random stripes are keeping me interested because it is just garter stitch. Can't wait to wear it! The Fairly Easy Fair Isle from SnB Nation. All that is left is the yoke. I haven't touched it in 3 weeks and am having trouble getting motivated to do any rows- they are way too long (130+ stitches!)!
And finally, THE DRESS! It still needs a clasp at the top of the zipper but other than that, it is completely done! Yay! I'm wearing it Monday (with a new white cardigan- how cute!). It is linen so it is pretty comfortable as well. I am sort of amazed that it fits so well and I had so few problems. It is very encouraging, although all the other patterns I have are more difficult. Now that the dress is done, I guess I have to work on those manuscripts tomorrow... Please excuse the mess. The dog collected all 4 of his toys right there before taking a snooze and we are currently giving away/selling on eBay a ton of stuff to make room for the piles of clothes that we actually wear.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger ScienceGirl said...

Now I see why you want that dress in 10 colors!

1:01 AM  
Blogger EcoGeoFemme said...

Everything is beautiful. I am especially impressed by the dress.

1:57 AM  
Blogger comebacknikki said...

The dress is fantastic & I'm loving that scarf - I have a pair of sock that would match perfectly!

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice job..................I knew you could do it! I wish I had your dedication to get a sweater done. mom

10:08 AM  
Blogger Wayfarer Scientista said...

Gorgeous girl in gorgeous dress! Good work!

8:46 PM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

Thanks for all the comments on the projects! I can't wait to do more!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Field Notes said...

Your sweater is awesome; it looks like a ton of work. I also love the color on your dress - I'd want it in several colors too :D

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home