sally header2

Friday, January 25, 2008

RBOC: Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you...

So, I haven't been very blog-y, or work-y, or awake-y. There were 2 solid days of lab report grading, a few more crappy personal things, student evaluations from last semester, and I'm broke. I just want to stay home. Drink coffee, hang out with cats, watch tennis. That is about it. But there are a few things that have been going on....
  • Drug bust: We were on our way home from work and were being followed by a cop. Before an intersection, they throw the lights on, passed us abruptly and pulled over the car in front of us. I had pulled over when the lights went on and pulled back out but then the person behind me was flashing their lights and tailgating me. I don't know to pull over again or what so I drive confused for a block or two. They swerve around me and stop facing the oncoming traffic in the left lane. We are stopped in the middle of the road when I see a guy approach the car that was pulled over, guns-a-drawn. Drag the guy out, cars stopped behind us, weird car stopped in the oncoming traffic is an undercover unit. Drug busts are confusing for those not involved.
  • Over Xmas, V and I were driving (again) and a power line fell on the car. Like, ON THE WINDSHIELD. It was still attached to a house and a power line but a truck had hit it and it came loose on our car. I called 911 and tried to direct traffic for a few minutes till the fear of getting run over or V's car being rear ended at this busy intersection won me over. It was weird.
  • No pics yet but I'm knitting a cozy new scarf.
  • And a sweater. It is almost done.
  • I am sewing a dress. It needs a zipper and a hem. I want to make it is 10 different colors and wear it every day. Would that be weird?
  • Yet another reason we can't have nice things: We bought new kitchen rugs. Two of the three mammalian pets have thrown up on them already.
  • I think this might be the year I run a marathon. Get some time off in October, Mom.
  • Tennis has been ruining my life. The Australian Open is just on WAY too late. I haven't been to sleep before 1:30 all week and actually set my alarm at 4am to watch a match. Why does Ivanovic wear a dress with a bubble skirt?
  • This weekend I will finish: A dress, 2 manuscripts, my blog hiatus.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had to give up on the dream of Having Nice Things long ago...especially rugs. I feel your pain.

10:54 PM  
Blogger ScienceGirl said...

Wow - a drug bust does sound confusing. I don't think a dress in 10 colors would be weird (ok, so you might want to wear something else every now and then ;)

11:57 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Wow.. that's a crazy life that you've had lately! Insane!

I can't wait to see the pics of the things you've been working on.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought we were doing Disney in Jan of '09....................

10:41 AM  
Blogger a/k/a Nadine said...

Another tennis fan here. The whole Australia thing is definitely throwing off the schedule. I saw someone else wearing that same bubble dress. Can't think who at the moment though.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home