sally header2

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A letter to my cat vet

Dear Dr. Cat Vet,

I know that my little guy is a handful. I don't complain when you get out the big gloves and call the assistant to hold him down. He has given me a few scars, one time he gave me a black eye even so I totally get that. Plus, cat scratch fever is real. No need to take a risk.
However, next time you feel like you have to put the little full face kitty muzzle on him, perhaps you could clean it first. Because now, after seeing you for the bladder infection, he has kitty pink eye. So, not only did we* have a week of stuffing giant pills down his throat (with NO big gloves, mind you), now we* get to rub gunk on his eyes for a week (again, with no big gloves). Can't wait.

Kittens and rainbows,
DancingFish


*by 'we' I mean V. I'm no good a pilling.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Wayfarer Scientista said...

How frustrating! It could be much worse then pink eye too.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is just not okay. Sorry to hear about the pinkeye.

(And I feel your pain...one of our cats gets a daily pill--and always will--and it takes me and GB both to pill him. Every. Damn. Day.)

11:41 AM  
Blogger granolagirl said...

Brutal, double whammy!
Cats can be really hard, I used to work at a vet and it was hard to get volunteers to hold the kitties when they were getting blood taken...
Hang in there, and shop around for a vet that takes your concerns seriously (I hope they at least apologized).

6:59 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Ick -- sounds like you need a new vet.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home