sally header2

Thursday, July 19, 2007

On the road again....

Eh, all I can manage is......bullets.....
  • I am 15 rows from finishing the pinwheel baby blanket.
  • I've been withholding information from the ol' blog here. I was going to write a big post and am amazed I made it this far without asking for good vibes to make it happen without actually telling you what it is. I am still not going to tell you for lack of time but I promise big, good news with kitty pictures in my next post! (No, not having a baby or quitting my PhD).
  • There are lab personnel problems. They end up with my having to do a shitload more work before I can leave today because the postdoc with the lower priority project (and NO deadline) went ahead and used all the supplies. She was told to wait till the new shipment came in and totally ignored that. I know that they are senior to me and we all want to get our work done but don't be like that. And then blatantly lie about it. Not cool. I thought undergrads were bad with the entitlement issues. Apparently, it occurs in people with PhDs too- mostly because of that PhD.
  • Yesterday, for the first time in 5 years of working with fish, I dropped some (non-waterproof) equipment in a fishtank. It is sort of amazing that it is the first time but that made for a pretty bad day....
  • I am so excited to go to a conference and home (even for only 18 hours) and YAY!!!!!!! I have work, a looong drive, 2 flights with a looong layover in Washington, DC but still....YAY!!!!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Sorry for the icky day in the lab. Some people are just selfish. You've learned what she's like now, and you know to beware.

3:47 PM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

You are right Amanda- it is just difficult to avoid her when sharing the lab. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, I have had issues with her before because of her insecurity. She just can't deal with younger females (and it isn't just me!).

Geeka- That is hilarious...and really, it isn't hard to make TE! Come on people!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home