sally header2

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

First and next knits

Lotus Knits is having a contest. Show off your first and next up knits!
My first finished project was the first thing I ever even tried to knit. I finished it out of spite and horror. It is a stockinette stitch scarf. In Red Heart acrylic. It remains hanging in my closet- in all its roll-y glory to this day.
Up Next for my casting-on pleasure: A scarf in a feather and fan stitch pattern . Made with this colorway in Seduction. I am completely in love with it. I actually have knit things other than scarves but didn't really get to wear any scarves this year due to the whole being-in-the-desert thing. I feel I might go a bit overboard for the coming winter. I want to do DNA scarves for V and I as well. I just haven't found the right yarn yet.....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

My first project was a rolly stockinette scarf too! No one warned me. It also had a lot of holes, and was in some sort of nasty acrylic. I have no idea where it went though.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I love looking at people's first projects. It's always so cool to see how far people have come.

I absolutely adore the Seduction colorway that you are using next. That's going to be gorgeous.

3:27 PM  
Blogger granolagirl said...

I actually really love your first scarf, it looks like a really funky skinny scarf, I say take it out of the back of the closet and wear that sucker!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home