sally header2

Friday, June 02, 2006

Hola from the desert

Hi there! I'm back, can you hardly beleive it? Well, I am not really back yet. I am sitting in my hotel room in the desert trying to soak up 3 weeks worth of free high speed internet time. Today I visited a research place and made GREAT contacts at this fantastic facility and others possibly too!

So in the past few weeks I got to experiance the desert first hand. We have only had one field day that was below 100 degrees! Getting some cool data too. So far we have...

camped in a dust storm...














hiked 5.6 miles and 980 ft in elevation change in 100 degree heat on a to "The Window"...




















lived in this "chalet" (the one on the right, the larger one on the left is the "lodge")...














driven over 3000 miles...














and enjoyed the charm of Terlingua and Study Butte (our koo-zies say "the Study Butte Store" even if you can only see the "Butt Store" part)...

I also got the Big Bad Baby Blanket finished, started the Pinwheel Baby Blanket and will have pictures of those when I return.

I will be back in a couple of weeks and will share all our other adventures then! Take Care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home