sally header2

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I love fishes


A couple weeks ago, the department got a call about a guy who was wanting to donate 50 or so mounted fish. Real big ones that are world records and stuff! Vance wanted to take them and sell some on eBay, keep others. The guy was wanting the tax write off, not just trying to get rid of them so all we have are the pics. Could you ever really see these in my living room?





Note: I am totally against sport fishing. So many of them are long lived, and have few offspring so aren't really sustainable resources. Plus I don't know how good population estimates are things are since many of them live in international waters. Really, it is mostly because they are such beautiful creatures that I hate to see them killed for 'fun'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home