sally header2

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

mom visit

What a busy week- Mom has been here since Sunday and we have painted two rooms and installed a ceiling fan (thanks to step-dad). We also shopped, made fondue, transfered the title to my car (Yea for ownership!). I will still have another coat to do on windowsills and in the living room. Ahhh the living room- I spent months now trying to figure out what to do with it and unhappy with the color choices from Behr. My mom started looking at Glidden and there it was- the perfect color = "Cookie Crumb" perfect in color for me and name for V (who keeps eating all the cookies in the house). Glidden has been a dream to paint too- goes on smooth and easy! It took us only 30 minutes to do a coat on a 20(?) ft wall.

Well, Starting Branching Out on Friday night AND taking my knitted things with me to get some pictures on here finally! FINALLY!

Tonight was big evolutionary scientist night too! I got to have a fancy lunch at school since my advisor was hosting him and made a fool of myself only twice. 1) We both had brown corduroy blazers on so I say "I like your coat" only he didn't realize we had matching coats on and just looked at me weird and we were starting a talk so I couldn't even recover! 2) I was the microphone holder for questions after the talk and a few of them got away from me. The worst was a guy who just kept talking like he hadn't even listened to the whole talk. I didn't see his big, carved "Jesus" necklace till after he grabbed the mic from me.

Well, wine and popcorn for dinner for mom's last night here...must get back to business tomorrow and will miss her tons!

1 Comments:

Blogger amandamonkey said...

I'm so excited to start our little branching out project, too! and, I can't wait to show you what I'm working on for Rock Star.

I was sorry to miss that talk - you'll have to get me up to speed tomorrow. I was having a manic field day in Wegman's. I decided it was more important to feed my stomach than my mind.

:-D

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home