sally header2

Saturday, September 17, 2005

What did one dead shark say to the other?

I might be sparce this week. Next Friday is my first shark anatomy exam. I haven't really studied since the last quiz I had so need to put in serious time this week. I am much better at theoretical things and understanding concepts than rote memorization and this course is ALL memorization. Hopefully I will find it easier now that I have my study skills pretty well intact from my qualifyers this past June. The worst part of it is the hours spent in the room with all the specimens. I smell like dead shark all day- even if I am only in the room for a short time. And no matter how many times I wash my hands I can still smell it on myself which just sucks! Anyways, enough of my bellyaching- wish me luck!

In knitting news, I finished the bottom of the cat bed (which the cat will not come anywhere near) and am postponing the rest of it. My mom had requested mittens with a flip top so you could still use your fingers and I totally forgot that there is a pattern in SnB Nation that I can handle (most other patterns for these seem too hard for me). So I got some yarn yesterday and will start them next. Only one color and no heart pattern on them though. I realized I have size 10 dpns but not 10.5's so I need to buy new needles or do some math before starting. I am most inclined to ignore that the needles are the wrong size and just stick to the pattern with it being knit a little tightly but I am afraid they will be too small in the end.

We are heading North to hike in the Poconos today so I must get going.. have a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home