sally header2

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

(almost) DONE!

The scarf that is longer than I am tall Is finished. I have about half of my ends weaved in and should finish it off tonight. The matching hat for this should be much quicker and I am not starting that yet anyways. The cat bed continues and it is always exciting to be choosing the next projects....As much as I want to go all out and tancle something big already, I know I should do some of the things I planned before (and bought the yarn for). So it looks like a pair of arm warmers, Xmas scarves and of course, that matching hat for V.


In work news, it has been a whirlwind of free lunches and dinners (a grad students best friends). An old friend of my advisors was in over the weekend and now a speaker is visiting that has worked on my (newly chosen) study species for over 30 years. I also was out collected said species of fish on Sunday and have a bunch of great looking fish just waiting to be set up in experiments. Since I haven't talked much about work here- I am starting my second year as a PhD student working on behavioral ecology of fishes with main interests being mating behavior, sexual selection, evolutionary genetics (which I am just starting to learn about). I did a masters on a really cool group of fishes and am really excited to start working on these guys. For now I am just happy to have run my first independant collecting trip and can't get over how cute these fish are.

4 Comments:

Blogger amandamonkey said...

Wow! It sounds like you've been busy and had a great weekend!

The fish are cute, even if icky.

1:05 PM  
Blogger arcadianrhythm said...

Hi fishie! Thanks for commenting over on my blog. I see you read PhD Comics! That means we clearly have the same sense of humor, so therefore I will definitely be reading your blog. Cute fish! You have cats? Any pictures?

9:09 PM  
Blogger arcadianrhythm said...

also... I don't know if you've tried felting yet, but Wendy has a great pattern for a felted kitty bed on her blog (wendyknits.com). My boyfriend's cats LOVE the one I made for them, but of course my own dumb cat will have nothing to do with hers.

9:11 PM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

lisa-
I haven't felted anything yet but saw your pics of that cat bed- it looks really nice and cozy. I have 1 cat and hopefully will have pics up soon. Thanks for stopping by!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home