sally header2

Thursday, October 25, 2007

RBOB: Random Bullets of BUSY

  • I gave my second exam yesterday. It didn't go as well as the first and was too long. I hate making questions worth a ton of points but oh well. I need them to finish the darn thing.
  • Now, I am stuck grading that test that was too long. It sucks. My students aren't so great at identifying the question and giving the information needed to answer it. Half of them see a topic and write as much as they can about that. Relevant to the question or not.
  • I am stressed about a big grant due in 3 weeks. It needs more work but currently I am in the stage of wondering why I am even bothering, as I have no shot in hell.
  • Speaking of hell do you think the phase 'when hell freezes over' will have more impact in our globally warming world?
  • Speaking of crazy weather, the roof doesn't leak! Super awesome husband is the best!
  • We are trying to get a paper out the door. I am dragging my feet with the final edits because I am busy with other things but it is getting to be that scary I-don't-wanna-send-it-out time. Can't give in to the fear, people! Doing the edits- tonight.
  • 2 friends with babies in 1 week! How exciting!
  • Looking forward to November writing month. As progress gets made on finishing up this paper and getting my ass in gear on that grant, I can think about the next writing projects. Currently choosing from 1) Awesome diss related data 2) Ancient but interesting data that was rejected and needs to be rewritten and resubmitted anywhere that will take it 3) Old not-so-solid data that was never written up and is also headed to a small journal 4) Cool side project that is slowly getting its last bits of data collected still 5) Other data that I know I am not going to choose because it needs too much analysis still. Oh, the suspense of what to choose!
  • My birthday is on Saturday. There will be a party (woo hoo!). Anybody want to guess how old I am (not fair if you know me though- I'm looking at you, Mom) ?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger a/k/a Nadine said...

Would you care to lend me Super Awesome Husband? Because my roof is leaking and the roofer has gone out of business. So much for the warantee.

Happy early birthday!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Happy early birthday!! I am guessing your age will be 29. :)

Have a great weekend.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Chaser said...

Many happy returns of the day!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Field Notes said...

Will you be 27?

I love playing guess your age games!

People always get mine wrong, waaay wrong, but lately I've been looking more my age :(

5:13 PM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

Well, now that this post is somewhat buried- I am 27. Officially LATE 20s! It is nice- I am finally starting to feel like I know some stuff.

Thank you very much for all the birthday wishes!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home