sally header2

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Steve Irwin

So all the coverage of Steve Irwin has been pretty hard to watch. I was a big fan back in the day but watch less Animal Planet these days as I get more annoyed with anthropomorphism.

I know that he always got too close to animals and it is not surprising. But the odds of the barb of the stingray hitting his heart - I just can't get my head around it. Only 3 (or 17) known deaths from stingrays ever!

Despite all that, he did a lot for conservation efforts and really raised awareness of animals. I know a lot of my old college friends wouldn't have ever watched a nature show if it weren't for him. I bet the same is true for a lot of kids and hopefully some future scientists too.
Most of all I wish the best possible given the situation for all his young fans and most of all his wife and young children.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mb said...

Please tell me you didn't randomly leave a comment on my blog. You do know that you know me, right?

If I am correct... not that you make it easy to discern your identity, even though you look like who I think you are... and you lived on NH2 next door to me - your RA - with ArtGirl (you referred to her in a previous post), then it's great to hear from you. I laughed when I saw the comment on Katie Holmes baby! Remember how our whole floor would watch Dawson's Creek from different rooms, but we'd all scream at the same time? Anyway, hope all's well. Send me another message sometime!

If I'm wrong, and I don't actually know you, sorry for the mistake. But, thanks for reading my blog!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home