sally header2

Saturday, June 21, 2008

This shit is bananas

V is in research mode so in a work related request, he asked me to get a bunch of bananas today. While he meant 1 extra bunch of bananas, I interpreted this as a whole lot of bananas. I needed some for eating and making smoothies, thus, I bought 4 big bunches of bananas. This was weird to everyone else in line and the check out kid.
Not thinking it was so much I checked the receipts. Turns out- I bought 11 pounds of bananas.

Never thought that would happen. Bananas are heavy, eh?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Well, you should get them while you can. The NYTimes had an article the other day about the "extinction" of bananas in our grocery stores.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/18/opinion/18koeppel.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=bananas&st=nyt&oref=slogin

9:26 AM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

Nooooooooo! Just when we thought v's research couldn't get any more expensive! Thanks for the link though!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Unbalanced Reaction said...

I've found grocery store checkers to be among the most judgmental of all retail workers.... I mean, what's weird about me buying Kraft singles, red wine, and a jar of pickles?? ;)

12:05 AM  
Blogger arcadianrhythm said...

My brother and I both love bananas, and one summer we went through a phase of eating 2-3 per day. The cashier at the grocery store actually asked my mom if she had a pet monkey!

Sorry to hear about your disappointing week at DO.

7:48 AM  
Blogger DancingFish said...

Unbalanced reaction: What a great combo! I'm actually very jealous you live somewhere where you can buy those things all in one store!

Arcadianrhythm: V will eat 2 a day on non-smoothie days. They are truely a dietary staple around here.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home