sally header2

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Morning Paper

I read an article in The Chronicle recently about setting writing dates. It really reminds me of all those suggestions trashy magazines have about how to ensure that you work out for your Best Beach Bod Ever! You know... you will feel guilty if you back out on a friend that you arranged to go to the gym with, but you will happily hit snooze and back out on yourself.
Well, I am tired of backing out on myself, not feeling productive when I write and want to be more supportive of my friends so we are trying it. Tomorrow morning at 8:30-ish, Sneks, Hamster_grrl and I are meeting at chain-cafe-with-excellent-orange-scones. We will have 3 hours of writing. No gossip, no email, no problems with calling each other out for sneaking into email or staring off into space. I sent off revised-manuscript-version-4 to my coauthor today so am free and clear for the next project, although there are still two in the running for my attention. Check back tomorrow to see how it went!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger OkayAwesome said...

I have been trying to work writing time into my schedule, but never thought to write with someone else. What a good idea!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Those work about like diets for me. Good luck.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home