sally header2

Monday, September 18, 2006

A visit

So a while ago, my bff Artgirl came to visit me. It was her first visit to me since I left our great home state over 4 years ago.
Good thing it was the best visit ever! Ok, well, maybe not as I was called in to work on a grant application that HAD to be done THAT DAY. And the weather sucked (we still went wine tasting). And we sat around and knit and watched Bridezillas. But it was just like when we roomed together first year of college and just hanging out time is always nice with an old friend.
She made V and I Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Scallopini with Fresh Tomato Sauce and Herbed Orzo with Peas. It was sooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooood...
Best of all we went to ee the Flaming Lips! If you ever get the chance to see them. DO IT. Please, they won't disappoint. This was my third time seeing them and it was as great as the first in Austin when I got to dress up in a fuzzy goldfish costume and dance around onstage with them. Wayne, the lead singer, crowd surfs in a bubble...

They have giant hands!
There is more confetti than I have ever seen anywhere. Ever. Cannons of it and streamers. There were also dancing Santas and Aliens onstage, a camera attached to the mic stand, a nun puppet, and of course some good ol fashioned indie rock songs about scientists.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who cares about what the weather was! it was really nice to see you - in your environment and meet everyone we talk about. THanks to all my new PA friends!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home